Martin renovation is underway; students & staff to move to Transition School The renovation of T.C. Martin Elementary is moving forward. The renovation consists of modernizing and modifying the school to meet current educational program requirements. The project — which is currently in the design phase — will include an additional 29,633 square feet, raising the state rated capacity from 450 students to 650. Martin students and staff will start the 2022-2023 school year in August 2022 at the Transition School, and remain there until June 2024, which is the end of the 2023-24 school year. The Transition School is at 3155 John Hanson Drive in Waldorf between J.P. Ryon Elementary School and John Hanson Middle School. All students will ride a bus to the Transition School.
- What is the Transition School?
- How will my child get to school?
- Will parents get to visit the Transition School?
- Will there be a playground?
- How is security provided?
- When will renovations on the school begin?
- Why is Martin being renovated and what does it include?